Alpha Credit Bank
Online Privacy Disclosure
Effective Date: October 1, 2022
Cadence Bank and its subsidiary, Alpha Credit Insurance, Inc. (collectively, CADE) is committed to treating and using personal financial information about you responsibly. The Alpha Credit Privacy Notice explains what personal information we, our affiliates and nonaffiliates collect, why we collect it, how we protect it, and how and why in certain cases we may share it among Alpha Credit Bank business lines or with nonaffiliates. We also tell you how to exercise your personal information sharing and use choices.
This Online Privacy Disclosure (the “Disclosure”) addresses information that is collected by CADE through online channels and is used to support interactions with Alpha Credit including information we collect:
- On the CADE website (the “Website”);
- In email, text or other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications that you download to your computer or mobile device which provide non-browser based interactions between you and CADE (collectively our “Apps” and individually an “App”); and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services if those applications, services or advertising include links to this disclosure, to our Website or other online services.
This Disclosure does not apply to information collected by CADE offline or through any other means.
Please read this Disclosure carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or our Apps. By accessing or using this Website and/or our Apps, you agree to the terms contained herein. This Disclosure may change from time to time (see Changes to this Disclosure below). Your continued use of this Website and/or our Apps after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Disclosure periodically for updates.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE BY CADE
Nonpublic Personal Information – CADE collects information so that we may best serve our customers’ needs. This information may directly or indirectly identify particular individuals. This information may be provided through forms, applications or similar fields. Examples may include name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, account information, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our services, usage details and IP address.
As part of providing online financial products or services, we may obtain nonpublic personal information about our customers and other Website visitors from the following sources:
- Our Website or our Apps. This includes information obtained from you while using our Website, subscribing to our service(s), posting material, downloading and activating an App, communicating with us online or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and if you report a problem with our Website or App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or an App.
- Your search queries on the Website or an App.
- A consumer reporting agency.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and/or our Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or App.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Our Website, our Apps and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
2. HOW CADE USES THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE
Nonpublic Personal Information - Personal information collected by CADE may be used to:
- qualify you for products and services;
- process your transactions;
- authenticate your identity;
- respond to your inquiries and requests, and send you notifications;
- send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Website or Apps and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- >send you marketing or advertising communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- personalize your experience on the Website or App by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- as you agree, authorize, or consent in agreements, terms, and conditions you agree to or accept in connection with products and services you obtain from us;
- for our business purposes, including (but not limited to) such purposes as (i) data analysis, (ii) audits, (iii) fraud monitoring and prevention, (iv) new product development, (v) enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, (vi) identifying usage trends, (vii) determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and (viii) operating and expanding our business activities; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate (i) under applicable law, (ii) to comply with legal process and otherwise to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, (iii) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions, (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Anonymous Information - Anonymous information that is compiled from various sources and aggregated but which contains no Nonpublic Personal Information is “Aggregated Data.” CADE and third party service providers of CADE (hereinafter “Service Providers”) use Aggregated Data for various business purposes, including for data analytic and marketing purposes.
Online Tracking - CADE and Service Providers operating on our behalf may collect information about your activity on the the Website and App using tracking technologies including Cookies, web beacons, and analytics aggregation tools for many purposes to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to the website
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location; and/or
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of the website, analyze traffic on the websites, and report website trends
Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA) - CADE may work with Service Providers to deliver targeted or personalized ads to you that are more relevant to your use of a particular device. In order to target ads we may create and use “audience segments.” These audience segments are based on information collected over time and across the Internet (e.g., websites visited, time spent on various sites and apps). We also may combine information we have about you with information collected by Service Providers regarding online behavior across websites and across devices. We may use this combined information to customize your experience and offer more relevant products or services based on your behavior, interests and preferences.
Here is some important information regarding online behavioral advertising:
- If you are given an opportunity to opt out from online behavioral advertising and you make an opt-out election, then in order to maintain the opt-out election at our Website and at other websites that might serve behavioral advertisements on our behalf, your browser must be enabled to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new device, access our Website or other websites from a different device, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt out again.
You also may be able to avoid online behavioral advertising by disabling scripting in your browser. Please check the security settings in your browser to determine the status of scripting settings. However, please note that if you disable scripting, you may be unable to use certain features on a website. In other cases, the website may become inoperable, your experience may not be optimal, you may not be using the latest standards for safe and secure transactions, or you may not be allowed to access the site.
- Some browsers may provide a “do not track” or similar setting. Our Website does not respond to such settings. If you enable such a setting it will not prevent the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third party websites when you visit our Website or use our Apps.
- You should be aware that even if you exercise a choice not to receive targeted advertisements in connection with online behavioral advertising, your election does not necessarily stop the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services for purposes other than online behavioral advertising.
- You may still receive generic advertising (i.e., advertising that is not based on your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services) even if you opt out of online behavioral advertising and opting out of online behavioral advertising may not result in the termination of advertising and promotions provided in connection with programs we may offer.
- We may share personal information with third-party advertising companies with which we have contracted in order to support other targeted advertising, promotional, and programs that we offer.
Geolocation Data - CADE does not access location data stored on your computer or mobile device without your permission . Some features, such as our ATM/Branch Search, which locates the nearest CADE branch, or ATM, will not fully function unless you have enabled access to your location data.
3. INFORMATION CADE SHARES
CADE shares your personal information with select third parties in accordance with the terms described in our Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice also provides a toll free number for you to limit certain sharing. We may share personal information when required by law or a subpoena or court order. We may also share personal information when we suspect fraud or for risk management purposes.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA
CADE maintains information on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. When you post information on CADE social media pages, the information you post will be subject to the privacy and security conditions of the social media site. CADE Apps are not socially enabled and do not allow you to connect to and share information with a community of other users. CADE actively monitors owned social media channels and reserves the right to hide or delete customer comments.
5. PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
Our Website and Apps are not directed to children and do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. We request that such individuals do not provide Nonpublic Personal Information through the Website or Apps. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Nonpublic Personal Information without their consent, he or she should promptly contact us at 888-797-7711 and we will delete such information from our files.
6. YOUR CHOICES
CADE customers can “opt out” of mail, email and/or phone solicitations by calling the toll free number listed on our Privacy Notice.
CADE uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect personal information collected through the Website and Apps. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. In the event we share information with Service Providers or joint marketers, we restrict the ability of such parties to use or disclose the information we furnish. We also require such parties to apply appropriate security measures to protect information. We retain your information for as long as needed: (i) to conduct business with you; (ii) as needed for the purposes outlined in this Disclosure or at the time of collection; or (iii) as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and we disclaim any representation or warranty that our information security systems or those of our Service Providers and joint marketers are invulnerable to breach or compromise.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The information contained in this Disclosure applies only to our Website and Apps. If you link to a third-party website from our Website or an App, the third-party website or app will not be governed by this Disclosure. We recommend that you review the internet or online privacy disclosure for any third-party website you visit, including any social media website or application.
9. INFORMATION ABOUT PARTIES THAT ARE NOT NATURAL PERSONS
Notwithstanding any term or provision to the contrary in this Disclosure, any information collected by or through the use of any website or app that describes, identifies or relates to a party that is not a natural person may be used, disclosed, and shared by us for any lawful purpose, subject to the requirements and restrictions of applicable law.
10. CHANGES TO THIS DISCLOSURE
We may change our privacy practices and amend this Disclosure at our discretion. Any changes or amendments we make will be effective when we post them on our Website or in our App, unless we expressly provide a different effective date. You agree that the posting of such changes or amendments on the Website or in the App shall constitute effective notice to you. You agree to review the Disclosure periodically to ensure that you are familiar with the current terms of this Disclosure. You acknowledge and agree that any changes we make are binding on you as of the effective date we dictate, but in any event, your use of the Website or App on or after the effective date constitutes your affirmative acceptance of such changes. The effective date set forth at the beginning of this Disclosure indicates when this Disclosure was last changed. If our changes or amendments to this Disclosure are material, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law.
If you have questions about this Disclosure, please visit our Contact Us page for more information.